In the spirit of the Honors program, what you do outside class is just as important for your learning as what you do in class. Here are mine in summary. For most of them I forgot to fill out the Honors Programs experiential learning paperwork, but they were experiential learning anyway.
- In the summer of 2012, I spent four weeks in Japan, helping out various volunteers and missionaries.
- In January 2013, I was part of a team for the Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
- In 2013, I participated in the UW’s summer math REU, and will return this summer.
- I regularly danced the Lindy Hop at Eastside Stomp.
- I attended Reformed University Fellowship, a Christian club on campus.
- After a summer class about education in prison, I joined Huskies for Opportunities in Prison Education to help advance education to prisoners.